Friday 28 January 2011

Bink!

Title says it all really. I don't usually play the $16.50 2x Chance Turbo in the afternoon because I'll be at university or something equally time wasting, but I had a free afternoon and decided to give it a shot, and I won it!


I never had any huge suckouts, just a constant stream of getting it in good and holding, which in O8 isn't as easy as it sounds. When we got down to the final table, everyone was playing really tight so I took the opportunity to steal as many blinds as I could. Using my experience from turbo Sngs, I knew the importance of stealing from late position in order to pad your stack out, a concept the other players hadn't seemed to grasp. I feel it's more important to steal blinds in O8 because people aren't so aware about which hands to "shove" so the average stack is alot smaller than they usually are in NLHE turbo MTTs, in fact for most of the tournament I had between 3-5 BBs, almost nothing.

Just over $1.2k was amazing for my bankroll and hopefully now I can go on to playing higher stakes, I'd like to reg the $22 and $33 MTTs and also PL100, but seeming as the cash grind has been pretty terrible this month, it's going to take a long time relying on solely cash. Thankfully Sngs are also going well and I'm maintaining almost a 50% ROI in the $6.50s over a growing sample. I plan to stay at the $6.50s for quite a while as I've been told that the $16s are a massive reg fest, so I'd like to make a $1000 BR solely for them before I move up, which at this rate could be fairly soon. I feel my Sng and MTT play has got a lot better over the last few weeks but my cash play has rather stagnated, but I'm still working on it, so with luck the cash play will turn around soon.

Quite a bit has happened pokerwise since my last post so expect a few quickfire updates in the days to come. Later y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment