Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year Post

Happy New Years all. Once again I have failed miserably in my attempt to keep this blog updated, so badly in fact that December is actually empty. It’s not that the urge to write isn’t there, I certainly will still express my opinions on various subjects and I still believe that my keeping a blog I can only improve my game, it’s just that I’ve been stretched for time. The holidays are a very busy time for a student living away from home, busier in fact than term time. One has to do the obligatory visits to every friend who’s been left behind, which in Portsmouth is pretty much the whole lot, while also paying enough attention to the family, which is easier said than done. Anyway, enough of this nonsense, how about I talk about actual poker.

So, as I may or may not have mentioned in earlier posts, I’m aiming for Supernova this year. From what I can estimate, it would take me roughly 300k hands to reach this goal, assuming I don’t move up in stakes for the year, which is also a goal of mine. This relates roughly to 30k hands per month as I believe it is better for me to stay ahead of pace. Once again I will make an attempt to keep this blog updated with how far along I am at regular intervals.

It’s January 3rd now, and although I haven’t put in a long session yet due to New Year commitments, I have logged 1.5k hands, but unfortunately I lost $300 in the process. It’s a bit disheartening to start the New Year off so badly, but it’s important to keep in mind that downswings do happen, and through hard work and discipline, I can make the money back in no time. I need to keep working on my game, review hand histories and get as much advice as I can from better players.

I’ll leave it at this for now, but I will be writing more soon. Good luck for the year all, but not too much if you’re playing PL50 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment