Thursday 20 January 2011

Little Update

So once again laziness and generic excuses prevented me from updating the blog regularly, but nevertheless, I'll give you guys a bit of an update.

PLO8 SnGs are going well. HEM is telling me I'm crushing them with almost a 60% ROI, albeit over a fairly small sample. I haven't really put in a huge amount of volume, but it's been fun to mix them into my regular grind as a way of making sure poker doesn't become stale for me. I'm looking to make around $600 profit at the $6.50 level before I move up to the $16s, but obviously this is going to be a long term goal as I'm not playing a huge amount. Bankroll wise it wouldn't be a problem for me to jump into the $16s but I'd like to confirm to myself that I can beat the $6s with no trouble.

I've had a bit more of an urge to play some NLHE, so most of my volume this week has been at the $2/180s. I went on a bit of a heater at the end of last week and it has partially carried on to this week and at this rate I could be rolled for the 12s within another 3-400 SnGs. My short term goal is to play 200 of these SnGs this week as this means I would qualify for the weekly competition we have within my staking stable. It's only a bit of fun but the winner gets 6 free $12 shots, so it's worth my while to put in a bit of volume, besides to obvious incentive of getting to reg the $12s faster. Strangely though, the standard of the $2s has been pretty bad this week, made even strange due to the fact MTTc is having a $2/180 competition this week and many top $12 grinders are taking part. Brumberland, a grinder, is putting on a real master class. In the first 3 days he put in almost 400 SnGs for a total profit of more than $1.1k, pretty sick. 4 grinders from my stable took part, but all had losing days to begin with and considering Brumberland's complete ownage, decided it wasn't worth carrying on. Good effort though lads.

As far as PLO8 cash is concerned, I had a good chat with a mate about the benefits of shortstacking NLO8. I knew my knowledge of the game was pretty poor but I didn't realise how poor it really was. After a brief lesson on what to do, and basically coming to terms with the fact that I was doing pretty much everything wrong, I decided to put what I'd learnt into action and so far it's been going pretty well. I've only put in 1k hands so far this week, but I've been early a very decent winrate and the VPP rate is not bad either. I won't put in a huge volume yet because HEM tells me I'm running pretty good and I can definitely see leaks in my game so it doesn't make sense to grind these hard until I feel comfortable.

After the poor start to my year it's been very nice to get back on track and even better to actually be in the black for this year. Looking back on where I was 2 weeks ago, I've actually made around $1k since that sickening downswing, so hopefully I can keep this rate up for the rest of the year.

I'll leave it at this for now. Little congrats to Fran for his nice run in the PCA side events and Dave for his small MTT score the other day. Also Max for his epic chop in the Sunday night HORSE. Lastly massive congrats to myself for taking down a $3 PL5CD MTT for $49 ;) Get in my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment