Tuesday 28 June 2011

PLO8 MTTs - ABC


We have an old saying in the Lagtard group, ABC - Always Be Closing. For those who don't have a clue what we're on about, you'll want to watch this : 



So what does this mean for us poker players, when you get deep in a tournament, seal the deal and ship that bad boy. Unfortunately, I can't seem to follow my own advice recently.

Now, I love PLO8 MTTs. The skill level of the average player in these is just terrible at best, literally some of the plays you see in these things just boggles the mind. Even the regs who actually do have a clue about how to play the game, just don't understand how to change their game to deal with the MTT format. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything, but provided I don't receive some sort of bad beat early on in the tournament, I believe I can go deep in pretty much any daily tournament. However, that's as far as it goes, because when I get to the final, and most important stages, I can't seem to close it out. In the past week, I've made around 10 final tables, granted not so difficult considering the average field size is around 100, but not even one victory. So far 3rd seems to be my favourite number because my last 4 finishes have all been in this position. Thankfully all these deep runs have kept me afloat financially, however, unless I up my game and take those top spots, it's never going to increase my bankroll to the levels I would like.

So yeah, this has been a bit of a frustrated rant post, but hopefully I can turn this around and make some strides. I'd like to play a few more daily $109s by selling off packages and also I would like to play a few more mixed game tournaments but unfortunately there aren't that many daily tournaments, only a few decent sized HORSE MTTs and the odd Stud8 without a guarantee.

On a side note, good luck to all the Brits over in Vegas and with the upcoming PLO8 events, I hope some 2+2ers and some readers of this blog can make some deep runs, and then come back and put me in some events ;) Take it easy everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment