Saturday 16 July 2011

I'm Back Everybody!

Hi everybody. Apologies for the lack of recent blog posting but as many of you might know, I’ve been on holiday in Turkey for the past week and a bit. Had a great time, mainly drunk off my ass, but have come back relaxed, refocused and ready to grind.

Before I left, I was in the midst of a terrible downswing, so if I’m honest, a long break did me well. I never had the dejected mindset that I was sitting down to lose, but it had come to a stage where even a small win was enough to put a large grin on my face. Emotionally, it’s not a terrible place to be, after all, no expectations, no disappointments, but if I’m to take poker more seriously this summer, I can’t be hanging on to those $15-$20 wins. It just won’t pay the bills. So what am I going to do now you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. Exactly the same as I was doing before.

Poker, as we know, entails a large amount of variance and PLO8 is no exception, contrary to the beliefs of certain 2+2ers. I still believed I was playing a decent game and after posting a few hands in the forums, as well as debating the hand’s of others, my belief was reaffirmed. Not to say that I am playing a perfect un-exploitable game, I still have more leaks than a collinder, but I was playing the type of game that should be profitable at that level. What I would like to do, however, is to game select better. Because so few PLO8 tables run, at any stakes, it was near enough impossible to game select properly, it still is, but if I am to focus mainly on my MTT game, then it becomes easier to only play 2-3  highly profitable tables. Sure, this will hurt my Supernova pursuit, but if my plan pays off, then I will have a sufficiently large bankroll to absorb the swings should I return to mass-multitabling the low stakes.

So although this wasn’t the most exciting blog post ever, it’s been a good exercise for me to flex my writing muscles, and in the future, more captivating entries will follow. Good luck at the table everybody.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Grim.I'm mr_fred on stars and annihil4tor at 2p2.I'm from Turkey, Antalya.I hope you liked your trip :).Where were you ? Istanbul ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I went to Marmaris. Not a very cultured trip, just sun, sand and Efes :) I do hope to visit the rest of the country though because it's a beautiful place and the people are very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice.Efes=Good beer.There lots of things to see (culturel, naturel) especially at east of country.Traditional foods areincredible tasty.Hope u come again..

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete