Friday 10 June 2011

Welcome back to normality.

It's a lovely summers day, the sun is shining, and for the first time in 2 months, I am not staring at it through the library window!

Yes, exams are finally over, I think I've done well enough to not have to do resits, and am now a free man! And what would I like to do with my freedom? Ah yes, play poker of course. And when we play poker, we write blogs, isn't that how this shit goes down?

So before I get into a rather long winded explanation about what I hope to achieve this summer and what my goals are, I'll give you a small insight into how the last two months have gone. In a nutshell, brilliant. I'm not sure about whether it was because I was playing a lot less and was able to concentrate more, or the fact that it's short term run good that's just been spread out over a long period because of not playing much at all, but whenever I seemed to sit down at the (virtual) table, I just crushed. Here's a small breakdown of what I've done while "revising" :

-Won the $33 1.5k Guarantee for $750
-Won the $16.50 2x Chance Turbo for $850
-Won it AGAIN for $950
-Cashed the PLO8 Medium SCOOP event for $260
-Broke about even on the cash tables

All in all an extremely profitable period of time in which I was supposed to be playing zero poker but ended up playing very little. What this means for me now is that I can afford to take shots at softer games I pick out at the higher stakes without risking a large percentage of my bankroll, and more importantly, allows me to cash out significant amounts of money in order to pay off my summer. In essence, poker is now my job :) (for the summer......)

So what are we going to do this summer, this calls for another list!:

- Play higher stakes FR O8 cash games. 0.50/1 NL and 1/2 NL
- Grind a lot of O8 MTTs $22+ (and of course the $16t 2x Chance)
- Start playing more LO8 cash (2/4-3/6)
- Learn NLHE cash (0.25/0.50)

I'll make a better effort to keep the blog updated with how I get along with these goals, starting now!

1) O8 cash - Already up around $500 but with few hands and a bit of run good.
2) O8 MTTs - No major cashes yet this month but no serious volume yet either.
3) LO8 cash - Winning a fair bit at 1/2, break even 2/4. Waiting to find a less reg filled 3/6 game before I jump in.
4) NLHE cash - 2k hands and break even. Still learning the nuances of the game.

More detailed breakdowns of my endeavors to come but for now it's a quick update just to scratch my writing itch. Good luck at the tables all!

No comments:

Post a Comment