Wednesday 2 March 2011

Bye February you heartless bitch!

Ah finally February is over.

Probably a slight overreaction to call Feb a rough month, but psychologically, it's been pretty draining. I've moved up and down from the $12/180s more times than I could count, cash play hadn't really been going that well, more of a steady decline than one would hope for, and I hadn't really binked anything MTT wise. Overall, I was down a little bit for the month but if I'm honest, I hadn't really played that well and I didn't deserve to come out of it a big winner.

But all of this is going to change!! I finally took the time to organise the funds on my account, stake money and personal money, so now I can almost start fresh. So let me tell you what I've done.


  1. I worked out exactly how much my bankroll was for the turbo 180s. I won't go into specific figures but I'm not that far off a solid $12s bankroll and I'm more than happily rolled for the $7s. I'll also mention that now because they have been added to the MTT tab and not just the Sng tab, these have been running like crazy so now moving back up to the $12s is a much less painful task.
  2. I've left enough personal $ in the account to be rolled for PL25. Now my plan for this money is to refocus my PLO8 cash game, which has been seriously lacking the past few weeks, and run it up to a safe PL50 roll. From there I won't just straight into the PL50 game, but I'll learn NLO8 6max. I don't think this game is quite yet solved and I'd like to learn it as I have been told that the fish quite like the format.
  3. Now, if you were reading carefully, you would have seen that I said $ in the previous paragraph rather than just "money". This is because I transferred what was left of my bankroll into Euros. This is because I'm going to play NLHE cash as well. My NLHE cash game is poor at best and I could never consider myself a decent poker player if I wasn't at least average in one of the more basic variants of the game. I've started with a modest 10NL bankroll and will play FR until I'm sustaining a decent winrate. I'm also taking it as an opportunity to gain mass multi-tabling experience, i.e. 20 tables+, by emulating frosty012's tactics. If you haven't seen his video yet, please do, you can find a link in one of my earlier posts.
Anyways, I'll let you guys know how any of this goes, for now, watch this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment