Thursday 12 December 2013

November Goals Review

Hey everybody, I'm back with my review of how my November goals went. If you want to read the original post where I outlined my goals and gave a reasoning for all of them, then you can find it here! So without further ado, let's get on with the show. s

1. Profit of $5000

So the first goal didn't go quite to plan. I started off the month pretty well, finishing up a few hundred over the first week but then things stalled. I'd run pretty well during October and so maybe I got a little over confident and upped the volume too much but I definitely felt like I wasn't playing my A-game. I didn't play enough games over the period to call it a downswing but I lost a little bit towards the middle of the month. Because of my birthday and other things towards the end of the month so the volume dropped for a week orso and I didn't get time to make the goal. Overall I ended up in the black for the month but it was definitely a lot less than I was hoping or than I anticipated.

2. Ship a Red Label

I'm sure after reading my post about my Red Label Heartache you can guess that I didn't ship one in November. There were many deep runs and too many near misses but I just couldn't keep the run good going. Good news though, I have managed to accomplish this in December! I managed to ship the $8.80 NLO8 Omania a few days ago for just under $1k. I'm really happy about it and glad that after all those close calls, I finally managed to put it to bed. There's a few funny stories from that tournament so I'll stick all the details in another post. Happy Days

3. Show a profit at 180 man SnGs

This goal I did manage to accomplish, thanks to Pokerstars' introduction of the $11 PKO 180s being introduced. Since they started at the end of November I've shown a pretty large profit on these games including 1 full ship and numerous final tables. Like I said in my previous post, the dynamics in this game are so interesting and there's so much to talk about that it really deserves it's own post. [Wow I'm making a lot of promises here aren't I?]



4. Win my MicroMillions prop bet

Another win in this column however it was technically by default. My friend who I made the prop with was another MTT grinder specializing in O8 but just as the series started, he decided to stop grinding MTTs and moved into cash games, thus he didn't intend to play the series anymore. As far I as knew, the bet was still on and I accumulated a large amount of TLB points in the first half of the series. Eventually my friend put all his eggs in one basket and decided to ship the bet just by winning the PLO8 event but unfortunately for him he couldn't navigate the 10k field, in fact I actually ended up running deeper than him. Sure it was a default win, but a win is a win and even though it wasn't for a lot of money, it was still a fun prop and served it's purpose of getting me to grind the series properly.

5. Only get drunk twice

And there's the hattrick! 1. Pokerstars VIP 2. Birthday. That's the win. Sure, the occasional beer was had but the "I won't get drunk so I can grind later" excuse seemed to work pretty well. The fact that I'm staying home to grind more is actually working out well for my liver and my wallet so I'll have to keep it up a bit longer. With the obvious exception of Christmas parties of course.



So there's a solid little recap. 3/5 isn't too bad and seeming as I managed to ship the Omania this month instead, I'll call it 3 and a half. I think I've left it a little late to start writing December goals, especially as I won't be grinding over the Christmas period. To be honest, I need to achieve the goal of writing all these posts that I've promised and that could take long enough! Oh well, until next time, good luck at the tables and speak to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment