Sunday 10 November 2013

My Grind Tunes

Just thought I'd give you guys a little insight into what I listen to when I grind. Normally I put in quite long sessions, so the kind of music I like to listen to needs to be quite upbeat to keep me energized and also have a somewhat repetitive so that it doesn't take away too much focus on the tables, so although I like hip-hop and such, I never listen to it when I grind. The genres I do tend to listen to are techno, drum n bass, garage and dub-step. I'm not a huge underground guy so most tunes I listen to are fairly mainstream but I'm definitely open to anything people show me. Here's a little taste of tunes I regularly listen to.

1. B-Complex - Beautiful Lies

I first heard this tune on a poker video actually so I've always somewhat associated it with grinding. It's become one of my favourite tunes because it's got a lot of rise and fall so when the beat drops, I'm instantly energized no matter how late into the session it gets.


2. Ellie Goulding - Your Song (Blackmill Dubstep Remix)

I will not here a bad word said about Miss Goulding, everything she touches is Gould (get it :P) . She has the perfect tone for dub-step remixes, I can't really explain why but there are just so many of her songs that have had really successful remakes, her Starry Eyed remix by Jakwob probably being the most famous. Again a lot of rise and fall but all around just a tune.


3. Pendulum - The Island

I'll probably get some stick for this choice as Pendulum is a bit of an acquired taste but I'm a huge fan of theirs and I think this is probably one of their best songs. I love the pounding bass on this track mainly because my headphones are so terrible that I can't feel it unless the tune is really bass heavy.


So there's a little taste of what I like. Comment below with tunes you love grinding to as well, I really want to add new tunes to my grinding playlist so hopefully at some point I can get one long enough to last whole sessions! Remember to follow the blog and also follow me on Twitter (@Grimiscool) and feel free to give me a shout. Otherwise, hoping everyone has a big Sunday session and that I ship the Sunday Storm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment