Saturday 20 November 2010

Heater of a lifetime

Once again, I can only apologize for the distinct lack of blog entries. The "problem" is that I've been too busy winning money! I know, crazy isn't it. I've literally been on the heater of a lifetime.

If I'm honest with you, this doesn't really need alot of writing, thus I invite you, and probably myself for the next few minutes, to glare in awe at my epic month so far.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The majority of this comes from PL25 deep stacked tables and the last 2k hands orso have been PL50. Yes I realise I'm ridiculously underolled for PL50, but give it a few days and I should be there :)

Besides this amazing run at the O8 tables, I've also been doing well at NLHE. To start with, I'd played around 50 Sngs this week as I felt rather bad about letting my staker down. Afterall, I'm about 3 months into the stake and I'm still in make-up. So after quite a bit of research down in the SSMTT forum over on twoplustwo, as well going through a ton of not only my own hand histories, but those of the other players in the stable, I thought I should put in a bit of volume. And to an extent, it's paid off. Granted it's a small sample size, but my ROI this week has been around 180% without actually shipping one yet. I feel like my NLHE game has gotten a lot better in terms of pushing and calling ranges, but I'm still making the odd mistake when I'm deep stacked. It's pretty ironic if you think about it, my shortstack NLHE game is far superior to my deep stacked game, and vice versa for O8.

If that wasn't enough, I ran good outside of Pokerstars. Whilst updating my Twitter, Grimiscool for those who use it, Sky Poker had a little give away, where the first 5 people to return an answer to a trivia question received free entry into one of their £5 rebuys in the evening. Seeing as I ran like god this week, obviously I was the 5th person to return the correct answer and thus sealed the ticket. I'd never played a proper tournament on the site so thought I might as well give it a good shot. The tournament was a fairly deep stacked affair, with a 2500 chip starting stack and 12 minute levels. The play was very passive and I spent the majority of the tournament stealing and restealing whenever it was folded to me. After 4 hours of arduous play, I made it to the final table as the shortstack but after winning 2 important flips, as well as constantly stealing the now fairly large blinds, I became an overwhelming chip leader and shipped that bad boy for £144. Even though I didn't get my money in bad ever, that fact that I ran well in those important flips meant I had a more than healthy chip stack for the majority of the tournament. I must thank Sky Poker for the ticket into the tournament, and now that I have some funds on their site, I'll be crushing the O8 on there :)

I don't know how long this run good is going to last, but I might as well put in as many hours as humanly possible so that I have enough money next month to be able to cash out some money to pay for Christmas. On that note, I better return to the tables so until next time, take it easy e-world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment