Friday 26 February 2010

Small change of tact

I logged onto Full Tilt yesterday to play a mate HU and I found that FT were offering me a $100 bonus. All I needed to do was earn enough FTPs, approximately 1600. I have 30 days from today to clear all $100 dollars, so I thought, heh, why not. Free money!

Now, usually I mass multi-table PLO8 6max cash games. Up to about 10-12 tables, minimum of 8. FT just doesn't have the volume that Stars does. I logged on this morning only to find 2 games going, and a small handful of FR games. So, I'm making a small change. Just until I clear the bonus, I'm going to play 4 tables of Rush Poker PLO10. With the increased rate of hands, I can play almost 1k hands per hour, already more than I was playing on Stars with 10 tables going. PLO is not my main game but I have had some good success in PLO tournaments and I feel I can beat 10PL fairly easily.

So this morning I had a small grind, just after I woke up, to see how much I'll need to play. Obviously I don't want to take too long clearing the bonus because I won't have any time to play my main game, PLO8. What came next was staggering! The play at PL10 is horrendous. Either that or I'm a top PLO player, which I very much doubt. Players are so tight post-flop and call 3/4 bets out of position with marginal hands. It's a goldmine.

So far I've grinded for about 2 hours. Enough for 1500 hands and $55 profit. Cleared $10 of the bonus, so $90 to go. Here's the graph of todays results:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2070/graphjl.jpg


I'm going to do a few bits of housework now, and a little bit of studying but I'll put in a session tonight. See you at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment