Thursday 8 May 2014

SCOOP is here!

It's finally that time of year that every MTT grinder waits for, it's SCOOP! With $40 Million up for grabs over two weeks and 45 events, I'll be looking to get my hands on as much cash as possible. Granted a huge chunk of that will be reserved for the high buyin tournaments that I won't be touching with a barge pole, but nevertheless I'll be doing my best. And the greatest thing about this SCOOP series, I actually get to play it!

Regular readers of the blog will know that I've been a student for the past 5 years, so come SCOOP time, without fail, I am smack bang in the middle of exam period, so I don't have the time to invest in 12 hour long tournament, let alone two day events.  I'd normally attempt to make a bit of money in the satellites during the day when I'm building up to the hardcore revision evenings but generally they haven't gone so well, mainly because I'm trying to split my focus too much. This year I can give the festival my full attention and put together some solid runs.



Obviously the O8 events will get the focus of my attention. This year we have more events than ever thanks to the inclusion of 5-card events. Needless to say, I'll be playing all of the low buy in events but also I'll be attempting to play as many of the medium events as possible whether it be by satelliting in or buying in directly. Traditionally the satellites have been pretty soft so I'll be hoping to secure a few seats in advance and also giving the great value deadline satellites a shot. In the last couple of years I've managed to satellite into SCOOP and WCOOP events pretty successfully so hopefully I'll be repeating that this year.

With so much money up for grabs I wish you guys the best of luck with your SCOOP schedules, just so long as I run better! It's always great to see hard working grinders from the community make big scores in festivals like these so I hope to be throwing some well earned shout outs in future blog posts.  I wish you all the best of luck at the tables and I'll speak to you all soon!

1 comment: