Saturday 10 September 2011

Oops, I'm a terrible Blogger =(

Wow, it's almost been a whole month since my last entry. Now I know I'm not the best when it comes to regularly posting but I didn't think I'd ever let it get to the stage where entire months go past between updates. So faithful readers, here's my promise to you. I will never again let a whole month go past without at least swinging by and letting y'all know what's up.

So let me fill you in on the month's happenings. Almost exactly one month ago, I left for a family holiday in North Carolina in the States. I could ramble on about what I did or who I saw, but this is a poker blog, and in this poker blog, we talk about poker! Besides, no one cares......

Soon after I returned, I realise that due to constant withdrawals from my Stars account in order to pay for my summer, I had decimated my bankroll, and was no longer able to continue with the stakes that I am comfortable with. I had mentioned this to a friend of mine, who is also a previous staker, who very generously offered to back me for whatever low stakes MTTs and Sngs I wished to play, whether it be PLO8, NLHE etc.  I snapped up the opportunity, and proceeded to cash out everything I had in my Stars account, which allowed me to live out the rest of the summer somewhat comfortably.

Almost straight away I proved my friends faith in me by final tabling my old friend, the $16 2x Chance turbo PLO8, taking a beat in 4th for around $400. The same day, I made it heads up in one of the two daily $33 PLO8s for another $450. The $850 combined cashes meant that the stake was off to a great start, but it didn't end there. The very next day I added the $5 2R1A NLHE into my schedule now that I was able to afford it and went on an insanely deep run, eventually losing a coinflip to bust in 4th for a shade over $2k, my biggest cash to date. I felt that I was playing good and running good too and although I wasn't able to take it down despite having the chip lead for much of the final table, I'm still very happy with the result. Hopefully in time my NLHE MTT game will continue to improve and more deep runs will follow.

That's pretty much been it for the month. Apologies for the vague update but the life of this PLO8 grinder isn't exactly the most exciting lol. With a bit of luck we can go on some more deep runs this month and have some more exciting blog posts to read. I have also a (very) short trip report from the £40 PLO8 at the Fox Club to come. But for now, thanks for reading and I hope to see you all at the tables soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment